ASAO Membership Database
All members of ASAO are included in a database that can be accessed below.
- To locate a particular individual, type in all or a part of her/his name in the search box below. A list of members with that name (or part-name) will appear. The names will be linked to the individual's data file, any ASAO Annual Meeting sessions to which they may currently be committed, and relevant ASAO publications.
- To find members who specialize in a given geographical area (e.g., Vanuatu, Samoa, New Guinea), type the area in the search box. A list of all ASAO members who have declared a specialization in that area will appear. Each name is linked to the individual's data file.
- To find members with interests in particular scholarly topics (e.g., religion, political economy, gender), type the topic in the search box. A list of all ASAO members who have specified an interest in that topic will appear.
- A note on ASAO Fellows: Active ASAO members earn the status of Fellow by serving as an officer or as a member of the association’s Board of Directors, or by editing or contributing to a published collection that emerges from an ASAO session or series of sessions. Honorary Fellows are elected by the ASAO membership in recognition of their distinguished contributions to the field of social anthropology in Oceania
- Note to members: the presence of a listing does not necessarily mean that your membership is still active; for inquiries about your current status please contact Membership Coordinator, Barbara Andersen at B.Andersen1@massey.ac.nz